Friday, July 27, 2012

THE FASHION CLUB

Guess what my newest fashion adventure is??  A Fashion Club.  What is this you ask?  It is similar to a book club but with no obligation other than attending a meeting to learn about the style topic of the night.  Initially we will plan to meet bi-monthly.

I approached our local Talbots with my idea and volunteered to coordinate the meetings if they would provide the commentary.  The store manager was very enthusiastic and thought it was a unfilled niche in our area.  I suggested to the store's stylists that meeting topics could include pattern mixing, how to accessorize, dressing your body type and Fall 2012 fashion trends. I designed handouts (pink of course) for the check out counters explaining the Fashion Club, when our first meeting will  be (August 1, 2012 @ 6:30 pm) as well as sign up sheets so meeting reminders can be sent.  My hope is that the club will be not only a source of information about style and fashion but also an opportunity to meet other women who enjoy these topics and want to look their best.

No comments:

Post a Comment