Tuesday, October 23, 2012

ACCESSORIES

While getting dressed for work this morning I tried on 3 different necklaces and several bracelets. As much as I like statement pieces of jewelry, I also want my look to have at least a small element of tastefulness.  I often reflect on the words of Coco Chanel who famously said "Before you leave the house, take one thing off".   Thus if I have a big necklace then my earrings are usually small and the only item on my wrist is a watch (a gift from my sons that I wear every single day).  If I wear a large sparkly bracelet like my current fave from JCrew http://www.jcrew.com/womens_category/jewelry/bracelets/PRDOVR~48738/48738.jsp then I tone down other accessories in my outfit that day.

I own so many scarves you would think I wear one every single day.  I do not.  It seems in spite of having approximately 20 in various sizes and colors, I often do not have just the "right" one and end up just eliminating a scarf all together when none match the vision I have in my mind. 

Once my alarm clock goes off in the morning I try to spend at least 5 minutes waking up and planning my outfit for the day.  If nothing feels right I do have several things that are my "fall back" items; clothing that is comfortable, flattering I hope and easy to accessorize.

What are your favorite accessories?  

No comments:

Post a Comment