Monday, May 25, 2015

BUCKET LIST

Happy Memorial Day.  I hope all  of us are keeping in mind the thanks we owe to the brave men and women who have served our country.

I happened to speak with my wonderful neighbor and friend, Mary, this afternoon.  Shared with her a fun experience last weekend at a panel and book launching by one of my favorite authors, Jen Lancaster.  Jen (as her good friends, such as myself, like to call her) asked each attendee to write on a piece of paper one item on their bucket list.  I have MANY MANY MANY on my list; visit Paris, visit Italy, visit Maine,  stay at a beach side cottage for a week with cute restaurants/shopping nearby and lots of time to read and drink pretty cocktails under an umbrella, start a Bravo night with friends who are also serious about their television watching habits, etc etc etc.  After briefly scanning this long list it was difficult to pick just one and commit to it.  However I choose to write  "Have wine with Jen Lancaster" because 1.  It could happen that exact day  2.  I wanted her to know what a fan I was (my 2 BFFs who were with me...used the phrase "stalker" but...not at all the case in my mind) .  Guess what???  My card was picked,.  Jen filled up my glass with wine and we toasted...it was amazing and fun and something I will always remember.


This brings me to a conclusion I recently recognized about Bucket Lists.  We  have items we can actually MAKE HAPPEN as well as items we can dream about that COULD happen.  It is important to write all of your dreams down and be honest with yourself about which category each one falls into.  Obviously I want to spend a week in Lake Forest hanging out with Jen and her husband Fletch but really don't have much control over that invitation coming my way, but its still on my list.   Wine with Jen at an event, DONE!!!  Learning to drive to Chicago alone and being able to spend time doing what I want to do, DONE!   Starting a book club with good friends, DONE, still going strong 14 years plus.  I still haven't been abroad but who knows, it could happen.  It may depend on how important that goal is to me and how willing I am to work towards it/save money and be creative in ways to get there.


I would love to hear about your bucket list items; those you have made happen and those you are working towards. Please share in the comment section below.


2 comments:

  1. Bucket list: the town of Jim Thorpe, Falling Water site--both on the way to the east coast where we see the kids.
    Maybe St. Andrews, Scotland again. Always, another trip to NYC. So, mostly travel--but nothing essential.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Designer Lehengas Choli Collection @ http://www.wholesalesalwar.com

    WhatsApp @ +91-7567928195

    ReplyDelete